|Location||Fort Myers, Florida|
|Date Posted||January 6, 2020|
Accounting / Finance
At AccuData Integrated Marketing, our business depends on helping customers achieve measurable results with their marketing efforts.
From data sourcing to campaign deployment, we drive marketing success through our strategic data partnerships, powerful technologies and unparalleled service. Whether clients are looking to acquire new customers or retain the ones they have, we can help.
AccuData began as a mailing list company over 25 years ago; but the industry has changed since then - and so have we. Today we provide fully integrated marketing solutions to thousands of customers - from printers and marketing companies, to some of the nations most beloved brands - all across the U.S.
The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Controller. The Staff Accountant will maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers. Makes effective use of databases and spreadsheets to prepare statistical and written reports for manager. Must be able to analyze databases, prepare commissions and bonuses, month-end close procedures and perform general bookkeeping.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyzes financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department. Must have strong financial analytic skills and experience.
- Assists Controller and Sr. Staff Accountant as needed on ad hoc reporting, budgets, etc.
- Account Reconciliation and analysis
- Month-end close procedures including Journal Entries, Analysis and Account Reconciliations.
- Calculate and process monthly commissions for sales team.
- Process and approve Accounts Payable invoices and enter into the accounting system (Great Plains) for payment.
- Serve as payroll back-up for the Sr. Staff Accountant
- Financial Management
- Strong Financial Analytical Skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Customer/Client Focus
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience plus five years of accounting experience.
- Proof of Strong analytical skill-set and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, etc. Web-enabled applications.
- Experience with Great Plains a plus
- Familiarity with the applicable statement of Financial Account Standards rules for industry.
- Manage time effectively.
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer